1. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
5. Standard time in the 6th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 90th meridian.
8. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
11. A member of a pastoral people living in the Nilgiri hills of southern India.
12. An accountant certified by the state.
13. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
14. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
15. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
16. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
17. A state in New England.
18. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
20. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
22. A public promotion of some product or service.
25. A radioactive transuranic element.
26. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
28. Sexually transmitted urethritis (usually caused by chlamydia).
32. Type genus of the Clupeidae.
34. An informal term for a father.
35. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
37. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
42. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
45. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
47. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
48. A rounded thickly curled hairdo.
51. The cry made by sheep.
52. A young woman making her debut into society.
53. An unofficial association of people or groups.
54. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
1. (physics and chemistry) The smallest component of an element having the chemical properties of the element.
2. A specific instance of feeling hopeful.
3. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
4. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
5. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
6. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
7. A village in eastern Ireland (northwest of Dublin).
8. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
9. Common Indian weaverbird.
10. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
19. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
21. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
23. European freshwater game fish with a thick spindle-shaped body.
24. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
27. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
29. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
30. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
31. A bachelor's degree in religion.
33. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
36. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
38. A strip of land projecting into a body of water.
39. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
40. The face of a timepiece.
41. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
43. A light touch or stroke.
44. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
46. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
49. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
50. A doctor's degree in optometry.