1. The portion of the vertebrate nervous system consisting of the brain and spinal cord.
4. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
8. Tag the base runner to get him out.
11. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
12. The sixth month of the civil year.
13. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
14. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
16. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
17. A kind of person.
18. An informal term for a father.
19. Lower in esteem.
21. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
24. A young woman making her debut into society.
27. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
28. A radioactive transuranic element.
29. Common Indian weaverbird.
32. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
34. A public promotion of some product or service.
35. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
38. A fraudulent business scheme.
41. Formed by reaction between an acid and an alcohol with elimination of water.
43. An accidental happening.
46. Forbidden to profane use especially in South Pacific islands.
47. The compass point that is one point south of due west.
48. (slang) A gangster's pistol.
49. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
50. How long something has existed.
51. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
52. A small cake leavened with yeast.
53. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
1. A compact mass.
2. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
3. (biology) Shed at an early stage of development.
4. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
5. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
6. The cry made by sheep.
7. A large fleet.
8. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
9. A bachelor's degree in library science.
10. Cook and make edible by putting in a hot oven.
15. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
20. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
22. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
23. In bed.
25. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
26. Minor or subordinate.
30. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
31. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
33. Valuable timber tree of New Zealand yielding hard reddish wood used for furniture and bridges and wharves.
36. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
37. A popular island resort in the Netherlands Antilles.
39. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
40. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
42. A thrusting blow with a knife.
44. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
45. (of securities) Not quoted on a stock exchange.
46. (informal) Roused to anger.