1. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
4. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
8. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
11. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
12. A South American shrub whose leaves are chewed by natives of the Andes.
13. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
14. (informal) Exceptionally good.
16. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
17. Tag the base runner to get him out.
18. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
19. A small faint zodiacal constellation in the southern hemisphere.
21. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
23. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
24. Wood of a sumac.
28. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
31. South Asian deer with three-tined antlers.
36. Jordan's port.
38. Any plant of the genus Erica.
41. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
44. A financial institution that accepts deposits and channels the money into lending activities.
45. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
49. A unit of force equal to the force exerted by gravity.
50. The cry made by sheep.
51. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
52. Not divisible by two.
1. A small cake leavened with yeast.
2. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
3. The phenomenon of resistance to motion through a fluid.
4. A white trivalent metallic element.
5. Acute abdominal pain (especially in infants).
6. (informal) Of the highest quality.
7. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
8. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
9. The sixth month of the civil year.
10. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
15. Offering fun and gaiety.
20. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
22. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
25. An organization of independent states to promote international peace and security.
26. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
27. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
29. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
30. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
32. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
33. Informal terms for a mother.
34. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
35. Dried out by heat or excessive exposure to sunlight.
37. God of love and erotic desire.
38. A small piece of cloth.
39. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
40. The villain in William Shakespeare's tragedy who tricked Othello into murdering his wife.
42. An informal term for a father.
43. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
44. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
46. An informal term for a father.
47. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
48. A public promotion of some product or service.