1. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
4. The basic unit of money in South Africa.
8. The syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization.
11. (informal) Of the highest quality.
12. A city in northern India.
13. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
14. A label made of cardboard or plastic or metal.
15. Immense East Indian fruit resembling breadfruit of.
16. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
17. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
23. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
26. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
27. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
28. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
30. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
31. The Mongol people living the the central and eastern parts of Outer Mongolia.
35. A small cake leavened with yeast.
39. A branch of the Tai languages.
40. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
44. A master's degree in business.
45. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
46. Located in or toward the back or rear.
47. Tag the base runner to get him out.
48. Headdress that protects the head from bad weather.
49. Offering fun and gaiety.
50. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
3. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
4. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
5. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
6. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
7. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
8. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
9. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
10. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
18. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
19. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
20. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
21. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
22. Related to or located at the back.
24. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
25. A person forced to flee from home or country.
29. An associate degree in applied science.
32. A genus of Lamnidae.
33. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
34. Jordan's port.
36. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
37. Strong woody fibers obtained especially from the phloem of from various plants.
38. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
39. A state in northwestern North America.
41. A republic in central Europe.
42. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
43. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.