1. A change in the electrical properties of the skin in response to stress or anxiety.
4. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
7. An indistinct shapeless form.
11. (informal) Of the highest quality.
12. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
13. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
14. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
16. A kind of polyester fabric.
18. A public promotion of some product or service.
19. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
21. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
22. An organization of independent states to promote international peace and security.
23. A small cake leavened with yeast.
25. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
27. Not divisible by two.
29. 1/10 gram.
30. Make less active or intense.
35. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
37. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
38. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
39. A crystal of snow.
43. Sandwich filled with slices of bacon and tomato with lettuce.
45. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
48. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
49. A local computer network for communication between computers.
50. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
51. Someone who leaves.
52. 30 to 300 gigahertz.
53. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
54. American novelist (1909-1955).
1. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
2. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
3. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
4. God of wealth and love.
5. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
6. A doctor's degree in dental medicine.
7. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
8. (Irish) The sea personified.
9. The sensation that results when olfactory receptors in the nose are stimulated by particular chemicals in gaseous form.
10. East Indian annual erect herb.
15. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
17. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
20. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
24. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
26. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
28. A light touch or stroke.
31. The cry made by sheep.
32. Any of various plants of the genus Althaea.
33. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
34. Valuable source of caviar and isinglass.
36. Muslim name for God.
37. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
40. Highly excited.
41. Swiss painter influenced by Kandinsky (1879-1940).
42. A republic consisting of 26 of 32 counties comprising the island of Ireland.
44. A proinflammatory cytokine that is produced by white blood cells (monocytes and macrophages).
46. The month following March and preceding May.
47. Light informal conversation for social occasions.