1. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
4. Type genus of the Amiidae.
8. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
11. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
12. (informal) Exceptionally good.
13. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
14. United by being of the same opinion.
16. A public promotion of some product or service.
18. Informal terms for a mother.
19. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
21. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
24. Antibacterial drug (trade name Nydrazid) used to treat tuberculosis.
27. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
29. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
31. A police officer who investigates crimes.
32. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
34. A metric unit of length equal to ten meters.
37. A unit of information equal to one million (1,048,576) bytes.
39. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
42. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
43. 10 grams.
45. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
47. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
49. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
50. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
51. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
52. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
53. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
54. A small cake leavened with yeast.
55. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
1. The provision of money temporarily (usually at interest).
2. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
3. Capital city of the Apulia region on the Adriatic coast.
4. In bed.
5. A machine-readable version of a standard dictionary.
6. A state in midwestern United States.
7. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
8. Before noon.
9. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
10. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
15. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
17. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
20. Free from risk or danger.
22. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
23. Genus of erect herbs of the Middle East having showy flowers.
25. A radioactive transuranic metallic element.
26. (informal) Informed about the latest trends.
28. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
30. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
33. South African plant widely cultivated for its showy pure white spathe and yellow spadix.
34. A machine-readable version of a standard dictionary.
35. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
36. Molten rock in the earth's crust.
38. Common Indian weaverbird.
40. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
41. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
44. Primitive predaceous North American fish covered with hard scales and having long jaws with needle-like teeth.
46. A light touch or stroke.
48. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
49. Informal terms for a mother.