1. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
5. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
8. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
11. (informal) Exceptionally good.
12. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
13. (usually followed by `of') Released from something onerous (especially an obligation or duty).
14. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
15. Before noon.
17. A college town in central New York on Lake Cayuga.
19. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.
21. Music composed for dancing the pavane.
22. The bill in a restaurant.
23. A doctor's degree in dental medicine.
26. An informal term for a father.
28. The civil and religious leader of a Muslim state.
32. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
33. The basic unit of money in Ethiopia.
35. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
36. A state-chartered savings bank owned by its depositors and managed by a board of trustees.
39. Black tropical American cuckoo.
40. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
42. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
43. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
45. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
48. A light touch or stroke.
49. A Russian river.
50. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
51. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. The superior of an abbey of monks.
2. Pasture grass of plains of South America and western North America.
3. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
4. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
5. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
6. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
7. A protocol (utilizing TCP) to transfer hypertext requests and information between servers and browsers.
8. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
9. A rechargeable battery with a nickel cathode and a cadmium anode.
10. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
16. The vein in the center of a leaf.
18. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
20. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
24. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
25. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
27. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
29. Roman Emperor who was the adoptive son of Trajan.
30. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
31. A large fleet.
34. English prelate noted for his pessimistic sermons and articles (1860-1954).
37. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
38. A small cake leavened with yeast.
41. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
44. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
46. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
47. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.