1. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
4. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
8. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
11. 300 to 3000 megahertz.
12. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
13. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
14. The upper side of the thighs of a seated person.
15. Distant in either space or time.
16. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
17. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
19. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
21. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
22. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
23. A person who announces and plays popular recorded music.
25. The month following January and preceding March.
27. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
28. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
30. The large trunk artery that carries blood from the left ventricle of the heart to branch arteries.
34. Port city in northwest Portugal.
37. Marked by or showing unaffected simplicity and lack of guile or worldly experience.
38. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
39. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
42. A proinflammatory cytokine that is produced by white blood cells (monocytes and macrophages).
43. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
45. Black tropical American cuckoo.
46. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
47. Edible starchy tuberous root of taro plants.
48. (Greek mythology) Greek goddess of the night.
1. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
2. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
3. An abnormally large amount of this fetoprotein in the fetus can signal an abnormality of the neural tube (as spina bifida or anencephaly).
4. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
5. A spring-flowering shrub or small tree of the genus Crataegus.
6. Jordan's port.
7. Common Indian weaverbird.
8. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
9. A small cake leavened with yeast.
10. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
18. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
20. Australian actor (born in the United States in 1956).
24. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
26. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
29. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
31. A switch made from the stems of the rattan palms.
32. (informal) Of very poor quality.
33. A linguistic element added to a word to produce an inflected or derived form v 1.
35. An informal term for a father.
36. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
40. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
41. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
44. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).