1. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
4. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
8. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
11. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
12. English monk and scholar (672-735).
13. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
14. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
16. An insecticide that is also toxic to animals and humans.
17. A vinyl polymer used especially in paints or adhesives.
18. Mar or spoil the appearance of.
20. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
22. A public promotion of some product or service.
23. 1,000,000,000 periods per second.
25. A form of entertainment that enacts a story by a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement.
29. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
33. A landlocked republic in eastern Africa.
37. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
38. A small cake leavened with yeast.
39. A unit of information equal to 1024 bytes.
41. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
45. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
50. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
52. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
53. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
54. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
55. An associate degree in applied science.
56. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
57. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
1. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
2. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
3. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
4. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
5. Give over.
6. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
7. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
8. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
9. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
10. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
15. A flexible container with a single opening.
19. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
21. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
24. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
26. A class of proteins produced in lymph tissue in vertebrates and that function as antibodies in the immune response.
27. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
28. The cry made by sheep.
30. An honorary law degree.
31. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
32. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
34. Someone (especially a woman) who annoys people by constantly finding fault.
35. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
36. A master's degree in business.
40. Common Indian weaverbird.
42. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
43. A unit of apothecary weight equal to an eighth of an ounce or to 60 grains.
44. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
46. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
47. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
48. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
49. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
50. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
51. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
52. A state in the eastern United States.