1. A girl or young woman who is unmarried.
5. A public promotion of some product or service.
7. (Greek mythology) The Muse of history.
11. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
12. A Mid-Atlantic state.
13. A light springing movement upwards or forwards.
14. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
15. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
16. A unit of force equal to the force exerted by gravity.
17. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
20. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
24. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
27. Extremely pleasing.
29. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
32. A dark region of considerable extent on the surface of the moon.
35. A light touch or stroke.
36. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
38. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
42. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
44. A unit of elastance equal to the reciprocal of a farad.
47. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
48. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
49. In bed.
51. The cry made by sheep.
52. A quantity of no importance.
53. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
1. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
2. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
3. A white trivalent metallic element.
4. One of the two main branches of orthodox Islam.
5. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
6. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
7. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
8. A human limb.
9. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
10. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
18. The hair growing on the lower part of a man's face.
19. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
21. A gray tetravalent metallic element that resembles zirconium chemically and is found in zirconium minerals.
22. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
23. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
25. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
26. French cabaret singer (1915-1963).
28. The month following July and preceding September.
30. Before noon.
31. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
33. A port city in southwestern Iran.
34. A shaped mass of baked bread.
37. A small cake leavened with yeast.
39. An informal term for a father.
40. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
41. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
43. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
44. A state in midwestern United States.
45. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
46. Having any of numerous bright or strong colors reminiscent of the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies.
50. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.