1. A belief (or system of beliefs) accepted as authoritative by some group or school.
4. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
8. A transuranic element that has not been found in nature.
11. (informal) Of the highest quality.
12. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
13. A state of southwestern India.
14. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
16. A corporation authorized by Congress to provide a secondary market for residential mortgages.
17. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
18. Lower in esteem.
20. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
22. Swedish soprano who toured the United States under the management of P. T. Barnum (1820-1887).
23. A master's degree in business.
24. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
31. Jordan's port.
34. United States labor organizer who ran for President as a socialist (1855-1926).
41. Make amends for.
43. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
44. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
45. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
47. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
48. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
49. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
1. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
2. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
3. A state in New England.
4. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
5. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
6. Being nine more than forty.
7. Argue or speak in defense of.
8. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
9. Acute ulceration of the mucous membranes of the mouth or genitals.
10. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
15. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
19. Located on a side.
21. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
25. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
26. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
27. Informal terms for a mother.
28. (computer science) A computer that is running software that allows users to leave messages and access information of general interest.
29. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
30. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
32. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
33. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
35. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
36. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
37. A public promotion of some product or service.
38. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
39. A small cake leavened with yeast.
40. Pompous or pretentious talk or writing.
42. The last (12th) month of the year.
46. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.