1. In bed.
5. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
8. A flexible container with a single opening.
11. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
12. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
13. The cry made by sheep.
14. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
16. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
18. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
19. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
20. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
22. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
23. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
24. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
26. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
28. Seed of a pea plant.
30. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
33. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
35. The sixth month of the Hindu calendar.
37. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
40. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
43. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
46. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
47. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
49. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
50. Rare (usually fatal) brain disease (usually in middle age) caused by an unidentified slow virus.
52. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
53. A small cake leavened with yeast.
55. A resource.
56. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
57. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
1. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
2. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
3. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
4. A Mid-Atlantic state.
5. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
6. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
7. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
8. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
9. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
10. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
15. Similar to the giraffe but smaller with much shorter neck and stripe on the legs.
17. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
21. (informal) Of the highest quality.
25. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
27. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
29. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
31. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
32. An associate degree in nursing.
34. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
36. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
38. A pilgrim who journeys to Mecca.
39. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
41. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
42. Material used to daub walls.
44. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
45. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
48. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
51. A doctor's degree in religion.
54. A public promotion of some product or service.