1. A light touch or stroke.
4. A small island.
8. Call upon in supplication.
11. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
12. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
13. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
14. Fairly small terrestrial ferns of tropical America.
16. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
17. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
18. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
21. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
22. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
23. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
30. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
34. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
35. A contestant who loses the contest.
42. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
45. The flesh of animals (including fishes and birds and snails) used as food.
46. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
47. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
48. A small cake leavened with yeast.
49. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
50. A flexible container with a single opening.
1. An informal term for a father.
2. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
3. A decree that prohibits something.
4. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
5. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
6. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
7. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
8. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
9. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
10. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
15. A Loloish language.
19. By bad luck.
20. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
24. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
25. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
26. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
27. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
28. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
29. An honorary degree in science.
31. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
32. (used of animals especially a horse) Of a moderate reddish-brown color n 1.
33. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
36. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
37. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
38. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
39. Possessing material wealth.
40. Common Indian weaverbird.
41. (informal) Exceptionally good.
43. A slight amount or degree of difference.
44. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.
45. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.