1. A quantity of money.
4. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
8. (used of animals especially a horse) Of a moderate reddish-brown color n 1.
11. A user interface in which you type commands instead of choosing them from a menu or selecting an icon.
12. The act of scanning.
13. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
14. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
16. Brief episode in which the brain gets insufficient blood supply.
17. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
18. (informal) Exceptionally good.
19. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
21. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
23. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
24. A master's degree in business.
27. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
30. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
31. A small cake leavened with yeast.
33. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
35. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
36. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
40. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
44. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
48. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
49. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
50. German botanist who is generally recognized as founding bacteriology when he recognized bacteria as plants.
51. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
52. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
53. An informal term for a father.
54. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
2. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
3. Any of various minerals consisting of hydrous silicates of aluminum or potassium etc. that crystallize in forms that allow perfect cleavage into very thin leaves.
4. An honorary degree in science.
5. A hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland that stimulates the adrenal cortex.
6. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
7. Squash bugs.
8. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
9. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
10. Not only so, but.
15. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
20. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
22. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
25. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
26. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
28. A flexible container with a single opening.
29. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
32. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
34. An enclosed space.
37. Relating to the deepest parts of the ocean (below 6000 meters).
38. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
39. Something to which a mountain climber's rope can be secured v 1.
41. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
42. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
43. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
45. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
46. An honorary degree in science.
47. Chiefly perennial grasses of cool temperate regions.