1. A widely distributed system consisting of all the cells able to ingest bacteria or colloidal particles etc, except for certain white blood cells.
4. Type genus of the Apidae.
8. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
11. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
12. God of death.
13. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
14. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
15. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
16. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
17. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
19. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
21. Of or relating to the lips of the mouth.
23. A small tent used as a dressing room beside the sea or a swimming pool.
26. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
27. The sixth month of the civil year.
28. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
34. An associate degree in nursing.
37. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
38. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
43. An audiotape recording of sound.
44. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
45. How long something has existed.
46. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
47. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
48. The cry made by sheep.
49. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
50. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
1. Danish philologist whose work on Old Norse pioneered in the field of comparative linguistics (1787-1832).
2. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
3. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
4. Pertaining to or resembling amoebae.
5. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
6. Of or relating to Iraq or its people or culture.
7. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
8. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
9. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
10. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
18. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
20. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
22. A small cake leavened with yeast.
24. A public promotion of some product or service.
25. A flexible container with a single opening.
29. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
30. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
31. Combined or joined to increase in size or quantity or scope.
32. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
33. Nocturnal badger-like carnivore of wooded regions of Africa and southern Asia.
35. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
36. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
39. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
40. A light touch or stroke.
41. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
42. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.