1. Rounded like an egg.
5. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
7. One of the two main branches of orthodox Islam.
11. African tree with edible yellow fruit resembling mangos.
12. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
13. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
14. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
15. The square of a body of any size of type.
16. The 16th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
17. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
18. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
20. A complete metric system of units of measurement for scientists.
21. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
25. (sports) The chief official (as in boxing or American football) who is expected to ensure fair play.
26. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
27. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
29. In bed.
32. Not only so, but.
36. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
37. Belonging to or on behalf of a specified person (especially yourself).
42. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
43. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
44. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
45. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
46. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
47. The cry made by sheep.
1. A port city of south central Ukraine on an arm of the Black Sea.
2. United States writer (born in 1925).
3. Jordan's port.
4. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
5. (informal) Of the highest quality.
6. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
7. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
8. Grass mowed and cured for use as fodder.
9. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
10. God of fire.
19. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
22. An independent state within the British Commonwealth located on the Fiji Islands.
23. Taken or to be taken at random.
24. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
28. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
30. Any plant of the genus Erica.
31. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
33. A republic consisting of 26 of 32 counties comprising the island of Ireland.
34. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
35. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
36. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
38. The syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization.
39. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
40. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
41. A person's brother or sister.