1. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
4. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
8. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
11. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
12. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
13. The cry made by sheep.
14. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
15. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
16. Rare (usually fatal) brain disease (usually in middle age) caused by an unidentified slow virus.
17. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
19. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
21. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
24. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
25. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
29. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
30. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
31. A light touch or stroke.
35. A graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph.
36. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
39. Large American feline resembling a lion.
42. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
46. Hormone released by the hypothalamus that controls the release of thyroid-stimulating hormone from the anterior pituitary.
47. (prefix) Bad or erroneous or lack of.
49. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
50. The residue that remains when something is burned.
51. The quantity a cask will hold.
52. Tag the base runner to get him out.
1. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
2. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
3. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
4. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
5. Fallow deer.
6. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
7. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
8. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
9. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
10. A genus of Pyralidae.
18. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
20. The bill in a restaurant.
22. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
23. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
26. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
27. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
28. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
32. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
33. A landlocked principality in the Himalayas northeast of India.
34. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
37. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
38. A vigorous blow.
40. The template for protein synthesis.
41. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
43. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
44. A solution containing a phosphate buffer.
45. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
48. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.