1. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
5. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
8. The cry made by sheep.
11. A Chadic language spoken in Chad.
12. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
13. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
14. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
15. The hair growing on the lower part of a man's face.
16. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
17. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
19. Imperial moths.
22. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
25. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
26. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
28. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
30. 1/10 gram.
31. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
32. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
35. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
36. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
37. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
40. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
43. Any of various chiefly fall-blooming herbs of the genus Aster with showy daisylike flowers.
45. A bottle with a stopper.
48. Forbidden to profane use especially in South Pacific islands.
49. Precipitation of ice pellets when there are strong rising air currents.
50. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
52. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
53. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
54. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
55. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. A Loloish language.
2. Any of various edible seeds of plants of the family Leguminosae.
3. A hard brittle blue-white multivalent metallic element.
4. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
5. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
6. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
7. An informal term for a father.
8. A bachelor's degree in religion.
9. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
10. By bad luck.
18. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
20. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
21. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
23. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
24. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
27. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
29. A master's degree in business.
33. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
34. Valuable timber tree of New Zealand yielding hard reddish wood used for furniture and bridges and wharves.
38. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
39. A popular island resort in the Netherlands Antilles.
41. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
42. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
43. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
44. A thrusting blow with a knife.
46. Support resembling the rib of an animal.
47. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
51. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.