1. (Roman mythology) Goddess of abundance and fertility.
4. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
8. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
11. A unit of conductance equal to the reciprocal of an ohm.
12. A small cake leavened with yeast.
13. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
14. Warm-blooded egg-laying vertebrates characterized by feathers and forelimbs modified as wings.
16. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
17. The residue that remains when something is burned.
18. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
20. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
22. The quantity that a bag will hold.
25. 35th President of the United States.
26. An informal term for a father.
27. A licensed medical practitioner.
29. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
35. (informal) Exceptionally good.
37. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
41. Primitive predaceous North American fish covered with hard scales and having long jaws with needle-like teeth.
42. One millionth of a gram.
43. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
44. A type of submachine gun that is designed and manufactured in Israel.
45. Liquid excretory product.
46. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
47. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
1. Fast-growing herbaceous evergreen tree of South America having a broad trunk with high water content and dark green oval leaves.
2. English illustrator of several of Dickens' novels (1815-1882).
3. Acid gritty-textured fruit.
4. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
5. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
6. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
7. Found along western Atlantic coast.
8. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
9. Danish philologist whose work on Old Norse pioneered in the field of comparative linguistics (1787-1832).
10. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
15. A light touch or stroke.
19. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
21. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
23. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
24. 32nd President of the United States.
28. An angular shape characterized by sharp turns in alternating directions.
30. A state of sanctification by God.
31. Above average in size or number or quantity or magnitude or extent.
32. Tree of the West Indies and northern South America bearing succulent edible orange-sized fruit.
33. Affect with wonder.
34. Of or relating to or containing barium.
36. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
38. The syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization.
39. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
40. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.