1. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
5. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
8. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
11. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
12. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
13. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
14. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
16. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
18. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
19. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
21. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
22. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
24. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
25. One million periods per second.
30. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
31. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
32. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
35. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
37. A midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery.
40. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
44. A Bantu language spoken in southern Zaire.
45. An abnormally large amount of this fetoprotein in the fetus can signal an abnormality of the neural tube (as spina bifida or anencephaly).
48. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
49. The United Nations agency concerned with the interests of labor.
51. A unit of pressure.
52. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
53. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
54. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
1. Large dark brown North American arboreal carnivorous mammal.
2. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
3. Wild ox.
4. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
5. A ductile silvery-white ductile ferromagnetic trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
6. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
7. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
8. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
9. Offering fun and gaiety.
10. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
15. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
17. A small cake leavened with yeast.
20. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
23. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
26. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
27. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
28. A Russian river.
29. A state in southeastern United States.
33. The superior of an abbey of monks.
34. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
36. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
38. A Scottish word.
39. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
41. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
42. (prefix) In front of or before in space.
43. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
46. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
47. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
50. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).