1. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
4. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
8. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
11. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
12. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
13. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
14. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
15. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
16. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
19. An informal term for a father.
23. Obvious and dull.
26. A telegram sent abroad.
29. How long something has existed.
30. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
32. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
33. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
35. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
37. A complete metric system of units of measurement for scientists.
39. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
40. A native-born Israeli.
44. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
48. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
49. Framework for holding objects.
50. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
51. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
52. A tiny or scarcely detectable amount.
53. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
54. A light touch or stroke.
55. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
1. Singing jazz.
2. A river in northern England that flows southeast through West Yorkshire.
3. An informal term for a father.
4. A sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow).
5. An associate degree in nursing.
6. A Roman Catholic priest who acts for another higher-ranking clergyman.
7. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
8. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
9. A small cake leavened with yeast.
10. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
17. A public promotion of some product or service.
18. An enclosed space.
20. Informal terms for a mother.
21. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
22. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
24. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
25. A long projecting or anterior elongation of an animal's head.
27. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
28. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
31. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
34. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
35. A sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow).
36. Port city on southern Honshu on Osaka Bay.
38. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
41. (computer science) A data transmission rate (bits/second) for modems.
42. Avatar of Vishnu.
43. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
45. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
46. A state of southwestern India.
47. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.