1. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
5. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
8. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
11. Russian physicist (1895-1971).
12. A single-reed woodwind with a conical bore.
13. Narrow wood or metal or plastic runners used for gliding over snow.
14. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
15. Intentionally so written (used after a printed word or phrase).
16. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
17. A rare polyvalent metallic element of the platinum group.
18. An agency of the United Nations responsible for programs to aid education and the health of children and mothers in developing countries.
20. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
23. An accountant certified by the state.
25. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
27. A sheet or band of fibrous connective tissue separating or binding together muscles and organs etc.
31. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
32. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
33. French romantic writer (1766-1817).
35. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
39. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
40. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
42. Infections of the skin or nails caused by fungi and appearing as itching circular patches.
44. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
46. The villain in William Shakespeare's tragedy who tricked Othello into murdering his wife.
48. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
49. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
50. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
51. The cry made by sheep.
1. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
2. A demon who swallows the sun causing eclipses.
3. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
4. Spread or diffuse through.
5. Give an assignment to (a person) to a post, or assign a task to (a person).
6. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
7. Go beyond.
8. A federally chartered savings bank.
9. Jordan's port.
10. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
19. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
21. A civil or military authority in Turkey or Egypt.
22. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
24. An informal term for a father.
26. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
28. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
29. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
30. A state in midwestern United States.
34. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
35. Informal terms for a mother.
36. (physics and chemistry) The smallest component of an element having the chemical properties of the element.
37. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
38. Fallow deer.
41. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
42. Being nine more than ninety.
43. Tag the base runner to get him out.
44. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
45. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
47. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.