1. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
4. A South American shrub whose leaves are chewed by natives of the Andes.
8. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
11. At a great distance in time or space or degree.
12. Not only so, but.
13. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
14. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
15. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
16. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
17. Popular music originating in the West Indies.
19. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
21. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
22. The 11th letter of the Greek alphabet.
30. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
32. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
33. An actor's line that immediately precedes and serves as a reminder for some action or speech.
35. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
36. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
38. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
41. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
44. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
46. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
47. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
50. An acute inflammatory disease occurring in the intestines of premature infants.
51. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
52. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
53. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
1. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
2. A feeling of intense anger.
3. (informal) Exceptionally good.
4. (classical architecture) A molding for a cornice.
5. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
6. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
7. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
8. Neckwear consisting of a long narrow piece of material worn (mostly by men) under a collar and tied in knot at the front.
9. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
10. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
18. God of the earth.
20. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
23. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
24. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
25. Small cubes with 1 to 6 spots on the faces.
26. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
27. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
28. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
29. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
31. A vast treeless plain in the arctic regions between the ice cap and the tree line.
34. A city in the European part of Russia.
37. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
38. A small piece of cloth.
39. In bed.
40. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
42. Someone (especially a woman) who annoys people by constantly finding fault.
43. An associate degree in applied science.
45. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
46. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
48. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
49. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.