1. An accountant certified by the state.
4. Slightly open.
8. A decree that prohibits something.
11. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
12. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
13. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
14. A fraudulent business scheme.
16. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
17. Strike suddenly and with force.
18. God of love and erotic desire.
20. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
22. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
26. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
32. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
36. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
39. Primitive predaceous North American fish covered with hard scales and having long jaws with needle-like teeth.
40. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
42. A type of submachine gun that is designed and manufactured in Israel.
43. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
44. Common Indian weaverbird.
45. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
1. The quantity a cask will hold.
2. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
3. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
4. An associate degree in nursing.
5. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
6. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
7. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
8. A shop where a variety of goods are sold.
9. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
10. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
15. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
19. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
21. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
23. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
24. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
25. An angular shape characterized by sharp turns in alternating directions.
27. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
28. An enclosed space.
29. Tree of the West Indies and northern South America bearing succulent edible orange-sized fruit.
30. Affect with wonder.
31. Of or relating to or containing barium.
33. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
34. An edge between a sidewalk and a roadway consisting of a line of curbstones (usually forming part of a gutter).
35. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
37. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
38. A field covered with grass or herbage and suitable for grazing by livestock.
41. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
42. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.