1. The month following January and preceding March.
4. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
8. Inquire about.
11. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
12. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
13. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
14. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
15. The United Nations agency concerned with the interests of labor.
16. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
17. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
21. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
23. An awkward stupid person.
25. Being the one previously mentioned or spoken of.
27. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
30. Jordan's port.
33. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
35. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
38. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
39. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
41. (informal) Exceptionally good.
44. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
45. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
47. An enclosed space.
48. A usually soluble substance for staining or coloring e.g. fabrics or hair.
49. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
1. A tax on employees and employers that is used to fund the Social Security system.
2. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
3. The cry made by sheep.
4. The sciences concerned with gathering and manipulating and storing and retrieving and classifying recorded information.
5. (Old Testament) Cain and Abel were the first children of Adam and Eve born after the Fall of Man.
6. Strike with a flat object.
7. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
8. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
9. A fraudulent business scheme.
10. God of love and erotic desire.
18. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
19. The capital and largest city of Zambia.
20. The bill in a restaurant.
22. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
24. (informal) Of the highest quality.
26. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
28. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
29. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
31. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
32. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
34. A small cake leavened with yeast.
36. In bed.
37. Female equine animal.
40. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
42. A column of light (as from a beacon).
43. (informal) Roused to anger.
44. Before noon.
46. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.