1. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
4. Wet spongy ground of decomposing vegetation.
7. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
11. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
12. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
13. Capital city of the Apulia region on the Adriatic coast.
14. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
15. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
16. Type genus of the Anatidae.
17. Covered with paving material.
20. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
21. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
23. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
26. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
27. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
34. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
37. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
39. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
40. The cry made by sheep.
43. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
44. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
46. The residue that remains when something is burned.
47. A doctor's degree in education.
48. In bed.
49. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
1. An informal conversation.
2. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
3. The act of rising upward into the air.
4. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
5. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
6. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
7. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
8. Fairly small terrestrial ferns of tropical America.
9. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
10. Sound recording consisting of a disc with continuous grooves.
18. A master's degree in fine arts.
19. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
22. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
24. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
25. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
28. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
29. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
30. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
31. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
32. Lower in esteem.
33. Boiled or baked buckwheat.
35. On or toward the lee.
36. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
38. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
41. Used of a single unit or thing.
42. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
45. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.