1. An informal term for a father.
4. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
8. An early form of modern jazz (originating around 1940).
11. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
12. Being ten more than one hundred sixty.
13. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
14. Used as a Hindi courtesy title.
16. Being ten more than one hundred thirty.
17. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
18. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
19. The basic unit of money in China.
23. A magnetic tape recorder for recording (and playing back) TV programs.
25. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
26. Affect with wonder.
30. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
33. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
34. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
36. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
38. A public promotion of some product or service.
39. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
41. English monk and scholar (672-735).
45. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
47. Projectiles to be fired from a gun.
50. Time for Earth to make a complete rotation on its axis.
51. An accountant certified by the state.
52. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
54. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
55. An enclosed space.
56. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
3. A light touch or stroke.
4. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
5. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
6. Being four more than seventy.
7. Being nine more than thirty.
8. Massive plantigrade carnivorous or omnivorous mammals with long shaggy coats and strong claws.
9. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
10. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
15. (Hawaiian) A small guitar having four strings.
20. English writer and a central member of the Fabian Society (1858-1943).
21. A large fleet.
22. A small cake leavened with yeast.
24. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
27. An associate degree in nursing.
28. A bluish-white lustrous metallic element.
29. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
31. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
32. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
35. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
36. A light touch or stroke.
37. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
40. South African term for `boss'.
42. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
43. An informal term for a father.
44. An Indian nursemaid who looks after children.
46. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
48. A master's degree in business.
49. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
53. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.