1. Lacking sufficient water or rainfall.
5. The 21st letter of the Greek alphabet.
8. A bachelor's degree in naval science.
11. An Iranian language spoken in Afghanistan.
12. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
13. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
14. Slightly open.
15. A usually soluble substance for staining or coloring e.g. fabrics or hair.
16. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
17. The capital and chief port and largest city of Senegal.
19. Desert shrub of Syria and Arabia having small white flowers.
21. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
22. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
25. An elderly man.
29. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
32. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
33. A small cake leavened with yeast.
35. An associate degree in nursing.
37. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
39. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
42. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
44. Tag the base runner to get him out.
46. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
47. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
49. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
50. A light touch or stroke.
51. A notable achievement.
52. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
1. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
2. A Hindu prince or king in India.
3. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
4. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
5. Inflammation of the female pelvic organs (especially the Fallopian tubes) caused by infection by any of several microorganisms (chiefly gonococci and chlamydia).
6. A frame attached to a wagon to increase the amount of hay it can carry.
7. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
8. Cry plaintively.
9. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
10. A fraudulent business scheme.
18. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
20. 30 to 300 gigahertz.
23. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
24. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
26. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
27. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
28. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
30. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
31. Ancient city is southeastern Italy where Hannibal defeated the Romans in 216 BC.
34. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
35. Someone (especially a woman) who annoys people by constantly finding fault.
36. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
38. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
40. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
41. The sixth month of the civil year.
43. The bill in a restaurant.
45. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
48. A bachelor's degree in religion.