1. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
4. An informal term for a father.
8. The compass point that is one point west of due south.
11. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
12. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
13. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
14. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
15. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
16. (British) Your grandmother.
17. An edilbe seaweed with a mild flavor.
20. A quantity of no importance.
23. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
25. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
29. Being nine more than ninety.
30. A state in northwestern North America.
32. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
35. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
36. Before noon.
38. The number of opening per inch of a screen.
40. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
43. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
45. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
47. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
48. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
49. The bill in a restaurant.
51. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
53. Free from liquid or moisture.
54. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
55. In bed.
1. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
2. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
3. A small tent used as a dressing room beside the sea or a swimming pool.
4. In a state of mental numbness especially as resulting from shock.
5. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
6. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
7. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
8. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
9. Pompous or pretentious talk or writing.
10. Direct one's course or way.
18. (informal) Roused to anger.
19. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
21. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
22. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
24. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
26. A radioactive transuranic element.
27. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
28. An honorary degree in science.
31. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
33. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
34. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
35. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
37. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
38. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
39. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
41. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
42. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
44. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
46. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
50. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
52. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.