1. The cry made by sheep.
4. English writer and a central member of the Fabian Society (1858-1943).
8. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
11. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
12. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
13. An ancient Hebrew unit of capacity equal to 10 baths or 10 ephahs.
14. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
16. 10 grams.
17. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
18. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
20. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
24. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
26. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
30. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
31. A fluorocarbon with chlorine.
33. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
34. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
36. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
38. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
43. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
45. Any broad thin and limber covering attached at one edge.
48. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
49. Avatar of Vishnu.
50. A master's degree in business.
51. An informal term for a father.
52. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
53. A decree that prohibits something.
1. Obvious and dull.
2. Jordan's port.
3. The month following July and preceding September.
4. A unit of magnetic flux equal to 100,000,000 maxwells.
5. Late time of life.
6. Someone who bakes commercially.
7. Call upon in supplication.
8. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
9. United States physiologist (born in Germany) who did research on parthenogenesis (1859-1924).
10. (informal) Exceptionally good.
15. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
19. The 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
21. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
22. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
23. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
25. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
27. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
28. Informal terms for a mother.
29. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
32. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
35. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
37. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
39. A rounded thickly curled hairdo.
40. Informal terms for a (young) woman.
41. A small cake leavened with yeast.
42. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
44. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
46. The upper side of the thighs of a seated person.
47. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.