1. (computer science) A data transmission rate (bits/second) for modems.
5. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
7. Voluntary contributions to aid the poor.
11. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
12. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
13. The face of a timepiece.
14. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
15. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
16. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
17. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
20. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
22. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
23. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
24. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
26. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
30. An emblem (a small piece of plastic or cloth or metal) that signifies your status (rank or membership or affiliation etc.).
32. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
34. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
35. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
38. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
41. Port city in western Saudi Arabia on the Red Sea.
45. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
46. Causing a dull and steady pain.
49. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
50. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
51. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
1. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
2. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
3. An ancient city of Sumer located on a former channel of the Euphrates River.
4. A person forced to flee from home or country.
5. Divulge information or secrets.
6. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
7. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
8. A characteristic state or mode of living.
9. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
10. The scum formed by oxidation at the surface of molten metals.
18. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
19. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
21. East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient.
25. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
27. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
28. A public promotion of some product or service.
29. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
31. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
33. Any plant of the genus Erica.
34. An ancient city of Sumer located on a former channel of the Euphrates River.
36. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
37. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
39. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
40. In bed.
42. A usually soluble substance for staining or coloring e.g. fabrics or hair.
43. The cry made by sheep.
44. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
47. Of or relating to the stomach and intestines.
48. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.