1. (of securities) Not quoted on a stock exchange.
4. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
7. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
11. (in golf) The standard number of strokes set for each hole on a golf course, or for the entire course.
12. A resource.
13. Common Indian weaverbird.
14. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
15. Relating to the Urdu language.
16. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
17. A small tent used as a dressing room beside the sea or a swimming pool.
20. An upward slope or grade (as in a road).
21. A person to whom money is paid.
24. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
25. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
27. A Bantu language spoken by the Kamba people in Kenya.
34. Before noon.
36. The cry made by sheep.
37. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
38. A small cake leavened with yeast.
40. (computer science) A measure of how densely information is packed on a storage medium.
43. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
44. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
46. Estrangement from god.
47. An informal term for a father.
48. An informal term for a father.
49. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
1. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
2. Thin fibrous bark of the paper mulberry and Pipturus albidus.
3. Decapod having eyes on short stalks and a broad flattened carapace with a small abdomen folded under the thorax and pincers.
4. Ancient Italian deity in human shape, with horns, pointed ears and a goat's tail.
5. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
6. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
7. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
8. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
9. The eighth month of the civil year.
10. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
18. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
19. Type genus of the Amiidae.
22. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
23. Noisy talk.
26. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
28. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
29. Informal terms for a mother.
30. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
31. Strong lightweight wood of the balsa tree used especially for floats.
32. A major European river carrying more traffic than any other river in the world.
33. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
35. God of death.
39. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
41. An American doctorate usually based on at least 3 years graduate study and a dissertation.
42. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
45. A public promotion of some product or service.
46. A radioactive element of the actinide series.