1. South African term for `boss'.
5. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
8. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
11. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
12. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
13. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
14. A large quantity of written matter.
15. A doctor's degree in education.
16. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
17. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
19. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
21. A public promotion of some product or service.
22. Leaf fibers of the raffia palm tree.
24. The face or front of a building.
27. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
31. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
32. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
33. French cabaret singer (1915-1963).
34. A former monetary unit in Great Britain.
37. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
38. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
40. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
42. A small restaurant where drinks and snacks are sold.
46. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
48. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
51. A local computer network for communication between computers.
52. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
53. The cry made by sheep.
54. The 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
55. A small cake leavened with yeast.
56. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
57. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
1. Tough protective covering of the woody stems and roots of trees and other woody plants.
2. American novelist (1909-1955).
3. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
4. A winged often one-seed indehiscent fruit as of the ash or elm or maple.
5. An informal term for a father.
6. How long something has existed.
7. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
8. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
9. Common Indian weaverbird.
10. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
18. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
20. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
23. The month following January and preceding March.
25. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
26. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
28. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
29. A state in midwestern United States.
30. A radioactive transuranic element.
35. A drama set to music.
36. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
39. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
41. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
42. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
43. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
44. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
45. A town in north central Oklahoma.
47. A light touch or stroke.
48. The month following February and preceding April.
49. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
50. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.