1. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
4. Narrow wood or metal or plastic runners used for gliding over snow.
7. An informal term for a father.
11. An ancient Hebrew unit of capacity equal to 10 baths or 10 ephahs.
12. An American doctorate usually based on at least 3 years graduate study and a dissertation.
13. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
14. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
15. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
16. Queen of the Olympian gods in ancient Greek mythology.
17. The jurisdiction or office of an abbot.
19. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
20. An associate degree in nursing.
21. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
23. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
25. Not only so, but.
27. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
29. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
31. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
36. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
38. The deep vascular inner layer of the skin.
42. A public promotion of some product or service.
43. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
45. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
46. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
48. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
51. The act of using.
52. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
53. A small cake leavened with yeast.
54. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
1. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
2. United States physiologist (born in Germany) who did research on parthenogenesis (1859-1924).
3. A peninsula between the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf.
4. The brightest star in Virgo.
5. African mahogany trees.
6. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
7. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
8. (informal) Of the highest quality.
9. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
10. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
18. The residue that remains when something is burned.
22. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
24. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
26. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
28. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
30. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
32. Fertility goddess in ancient Greek mythology.
33. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
34. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
35. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
37. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
39. Deciduous or evergreen shrubs and shrubby trees of temperate and subtropical North America, South Africa, eastern Asia and northeastern Australia.
40. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
41. In bed.
44. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
47. A doctor's degree in religion.
49. Informal terms for a mother.
50. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
51. Unknown god.