1. An enclosed space.
4. An informal term for a father.
7. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
11. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
12. A master's degree in business.
13. The persistence of a sound after its source has stopped.
14. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
16. The leg from the knee to foot.
17. An associate degree in nursing.
19. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
20. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
24. Muslim name for God.
27. An award for winning a championship or commemorating some other event.
28. A public promotion of some product or service.
31. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
32. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
33. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
37. A short labored intake of breath with the mouth open.
40. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
44. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
45. A bachelor's degree in theology.
46. Rounded like an egg.
47. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
48. Grass mowed and cured for use as fodder.
49. A small cake leavened with yeast.
50. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
2. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
3. The 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
4. A doctor's degree in dental medicine.
5. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
6. An informal term for a father.
7. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
8. Lean end of the neck.
9. Make a vibrant sound, as of some birds.
10. A minor Hebrew prophet (8th century BC).
15. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
18. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
21. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
22. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
23. A state in northwestern North America.
25. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
26. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
29. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
30. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
34. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
35. Being or befitting or characteristic of an infant.
36. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
38. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
39. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
41. A numbered compartment in a post office where mail is put to be called for.
42. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
43. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.