1. Either of two folds of skin that can be moved to cover or open the eye.
4. A large number or amount.
8. A person active in party politics.
11. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
12. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
13. Devoid of warmth and cordiality.
14. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
15. A Russian river.
16. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
17. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
19. New Zealand conifer.
21. A Chinese breed of small short-legged dogs with a long silky coat and broad flat muzzle.
23. Avatar of Vishnu.
24. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
27. A crystalline rock that can be cut and polished for jewelry.
28. The state prevailing during the absence of war.
30. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
31. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
32. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
40. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
43. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
44. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
45. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
47. The basic unit of money in Albania.
48. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
49. Pompous or pretentious talk or writing.
1. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
2. Any tree or shrub of the genus Inga having pinnate leaves and showy usually white flowers.
3. An administrator in charge of a division of a university or college.
4. United States writer who has written extensively on American culture (born in 1931).
5. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
6. The habitation of wild animals.
7. A fraudulent business scheme.
8. A representation of the Virgin Mary mourning over the dead body of Jesus.
9. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
10. An ancient region on the coast of southwest Asia Minor.
18. Any member of Athapaskan tribes that migrated to the southwestern desert (from Arizona to Texas and south into Mexico).
20. A large fleet.
22. Animal reproductive body consisting of an ovum or embryo together with nutritive and protective envelopes.
25. A Mid-Atlantic state.
26. Informal terms for a mother.
29. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
33. A French abbot.
34. Related to or located at the back.
35. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
36. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
37. The lower house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
38. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
39. United States writer noted for his droll epigrams (1902-1971).
41. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
42. The month following March and preceding May.
46. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
47. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.