1. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
4. In bed.
8. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
11. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
12. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
13. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
14. Projectiles to be fired from a gun.
16. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
17. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
18. When dried yields a hard substance used e.g. in golf balls.
21. A public promotion of some product or service.
22. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
24. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
26. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
29. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
31. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
34. Offering fun and gaiety.
37. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
38. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
39. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
41. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
47. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
49. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
51. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
52. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
53. A genus of Mustelidae.
54. Alternative names for the body of a human being.
55. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
56. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
57. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
1. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
2. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
3. (computer science) A standardized language for the descriptive markup of documents.
4. An associate degree in nursing.
5. A small cake leavened with yeast.
6. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
7. An informal term for a father.
8. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
9. Common Indian weaverbird.
10. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
15. An awkward stupid person.
19. The 19th letter of the Greek alphabet.
20. Melon having yellowish rind and whitish flesh.
23. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
25. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
27. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
28. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
30. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
32. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
33. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
35. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
36. Foul with waste matter.
40. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
42. United States physiologist (born in Germany) who did research on parthenogenesis (1859-1924).
43. Queen of the Olympian gods in ancient Greek mythology.
44. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
45. Very dark black.
46. An informal term for a father.
48. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
50. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.