1. A diagrammatic representation of the earth's surface (or part of it).
4. Not only so, but.
8. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
11. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
12. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
13. An enzyme that catalyzes the oxidation of many body compounds (e.g., epinephrine and norepinephrine and serotonin).
14. Coming next after the first in position in space or time or degree or magnitude.
15. Port city in western Saudi Arabia on the Red Sea.
16. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
18. A public promotion of some product or service.
23. Fairly small terrestrial ferns of tropical America.
26. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
27. Wearing or provided with clothing.
30. A small cake leavened with yeast.
36. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
39. A bachelor's degree in theology.
40. Being ten more than one hundred eighty.
42. Grass mowed and cured for use as fodder.
43. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
44. The face of a timepiece.
1. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
2. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
3. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
4. Used by southerners for an inhabitant of a northern state in the United States (especially a Union soldier).
5. Late time of life.
6. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
7. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
8. A doctor's degree in dental medicine.
9. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
10. A large number or amount.
17. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
19. A genus of Ploceidae.
20. A flexible container with a single opening.
21. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
22. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
24. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
25. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
28. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
29. A telegram sent abroad.
30. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
31. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
32. Being or befitting or characteristic of an infant.
33. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
34. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
35. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
37. An edge tool with a heavy bladed head mounted across a handle.
38. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
41. A doctor's degree in religion.