1. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.
4. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
8. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
11. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
12. Group of people related by blood or marriage.
13. (computer science) The smallest discrete component of an image or picture on a CRT screen (usually a colored dot).
14. Tough Asiatic grass whose culms are used for ropes and baskets.
15. A user interface in which you type commands instead of choosing them from a menu or selecting an icon.
16. Step on it.
17. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
20. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
21. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
22. Not divisible by two.
23. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
28. Ground snakes.
31. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
32. A room equipped with toilet facilities.
34. A state-chartered savings bank owned by its depositors and managed by a board of trustees.
37. A Scottish church.
38. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
39. Any of various systems of units for measuring electricity and magnetism.
42. Any of various long-tailed rodents similar to but larger than a mouse.
43. An associate degree in applied science.
44. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
45. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Flat and uninspiring.
2. Soft lump or unevenness in a yarn.
3. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
4. A small digital computer based on a microprocessor and designed to be used by one person at a time.
5. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
6. Derived from or containing calcium or lime.
7. Black tropical American cuckoo.
8. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
9. Tropical American trees with palmately compound leaves and showy bell-shaped flowers.
10. Large swift fly the female of which sucks blood of various animals.
18. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
19. A fluorocarbon with chlorine.
24. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
25. A public promotion of some product or service.
26. A state in the western United States.
27. The capital of Eritrea.
29. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
30. Type genus of the Laridae.
33. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
34. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
35. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
36. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
40. A gray lustrous metallic element of the rare earth group.
41. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.