1. An enclosed space.
4. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
8. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
11. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
12. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
13. Being one more than ninety.
14. A small cake leavened with yeast.
16. A broad flat muscle on either side of the back.
17. An alliance made up of states that had been Soviet Socialist Republics in the Soviet Union prior to its dissolution in Dec 1991.
18. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
19. An inhabitant of Lappland.
24. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
26. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
27. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
31. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
32. Medium-sized tree-dwelling monkey of the Amazon basin.
36. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
39. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
40. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
44. That is to say.
45. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
46. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
48. A boy or man.
49. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
50. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
51. A public promotion of some product or service.
1. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
2. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
3. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
4. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
5. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
6. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
7. Take in solid food.
8. Go beyond.
9. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
10. A growth in strength or number or importance.
15. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
20. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
21. Offering little or no hope.
22. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
23. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
25. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
28. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
29. A Russian river.
30. The room in the palace of a native prince of India in which audiences and receptions occur.
33. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
34. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
35. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
37. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
38. English monk and scholar (672-735).
41. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
42. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
43. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
47. Being or moving higher in position or greater in some value.