1. A French abbot.
5. A state in northwestern North America.
7. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
11. A telephone connection.
12. A Mid-Atlantic state.
13. The sixth month of the civil year.
14. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
15. Nut of any of several trees of the genus Corylus.
16. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
17. Take in solid food.
18. The cry made by sheep.
20. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
24. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
27. A native-born Israeli.
31. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
32. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
34. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
35. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
36. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
41. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
45. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
46. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
49. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
50. English monk and scholar (672-735).
52. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
53. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
54. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
55. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
56. A young woman making her debut into society.
1. The highest level or degree attainable.
2. Common Indian weaverbird.
3. Cry plaintively.
4. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
5. (Philippine) A dish of marinated vegetables and meat or fish.
6. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
7. An informal term for a father.
8. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
9. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
10. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
19. An associate degree in applied science.
21. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
22. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
23. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
25. Being nine more than ninety.
26. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
28. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
29. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
30. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
33. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
37. In bed.
38. An informal term for a father.
39. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
40. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
42. Set down according to a plan.
43. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
44. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
47. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
48. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
51. A public promotion of some product or service.