1. Take in solid food.
4. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
7. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
11. Psychoactive substance present in marijuana.
12. (Irish) The sea personified.
13. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
14. A period of time spent sleeping.
15. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
16. A Russian river.
17. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
20. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
21. A person forced to flee from home or country.
22. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
23. An administrator in charge of a division of a university or college.
27. The 11th letter of the Greek alphabet.
30. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
31. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
38. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
41. Framework for holding objects.
42. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
43. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
44. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
45. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
46. The cry made by sheep.
47. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
2. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
3. A protocol developed for the internet to get data from one network device to another.
4. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
5. Any of various edible seeds of plants of the family Leguminosae.
6. A large fleet.
7. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
8. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
9. Obvious and dull.
10. Jordan's port.
18. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
19. Any member of Athapaskan tribes that migrated to the southwestern desert (from Arizona to Texas and south into Mexico).
24. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
25. Before noon.
26. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
28. A doctor's degree in religion.
29. A protective structure resembling a scale.
32. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
33. An elaborate song for solo voice.
34. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
35. Lacking in liveliness or charm or surprise.
36. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
37. A Loloish language.
39. God of the earth.
40. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
41. (informal) Roused to anger.