1. Distinctive and stylish elegance.
5. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
7. Distinguished from Bovidae by the male's having solid deciduous antlers.
11. An Eskimo hut.
12. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
13. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
14. Tear down so as to make flat with the ground.
15. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
16. Medium-sized tree having glossy lanceolate leaves.
17. Before noon.
20. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
24. A resource.
25. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
28. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
30. 16 ounces.
32. A state in midwestern United States.
36. An associate degree in applied science.
38. part of the peritoneum attached to the stomach and to the colon and covering the intestines.
41. The cry made by sheep.
42. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
43. A small restaurant where drinks and snacks are sold.
44. The rate at which heat is produced by an individual in a resting state.
45. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
46. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
47. Noisy talk.
1. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
2. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
3. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
4. The quality of a color as determined by its dominant wavelength.
5. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
6. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
7. Large tropical butterfly with degenerate forelegs and an unpleasant taste.
8. (computer science) A system of world-wide electronic communication in which a computer user can compose a message at one terminal that is generated at the recipient's terminal when he logs in.
9. A high wave (often dangerous) caused by tidal flow (as by colliding tidal currents or in a narrow estuary).
10. United States parapsychologist (1895-1980).
18. The airforce of Great Britain.
19. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
21. A river of southwestern Africa that rises in central Angola and flows east and then north (forming part of the border between Angola and Congo) and continuing northwest through Congo to empty into the Congo River on the border between Congo and Republic of the Congo.
22. A small cake leavened with yeast.
23. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.
26. A state in northwestern North America.
27. Covered with scabs.
29. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
30. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
31. Common Indian weaverbird.
33. (pathology) An elevation of the skin filled with serous fluid.
34. Avatar of Vishnu.
35. Devoid or partially devoid of light or brightness.
37. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
39. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
40. A city in the European part of Russia.