1. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
4. In bed.
8. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
11. An accidental happening.
12. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
13. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
14. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
15. Immediately past.
16. A vinyl polymer used especially in paints or adhesives.
17. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
19. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
21. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
22. United States comedian and film actor (1880-1946).
25. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
28. (informal) Of the highest quality.
29. A mature blood cell that contains hemoglobin to carry oxygen to the bodily tissues.
30. Offering fun and gaiety.
32. A correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence).
35. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
36. The Mongol people living the the central and eastern parts of Outer Mongolia.
40. A unit of information equal to 1024 bytes.
42. A public promotion of some product or service.
44. Overgrown with ivy.
45. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
47. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
50. A master's degree in business.
51. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
52. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
53. Cooking utensil consisting of a wide metal vessel.
54. British informal term.
55. The act of scanning.
56. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
2. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
3. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
4. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
5. The cry made by sheep.
6. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
7. Marked by features of the immediate and usually discounted past.
8. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
9. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
10. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
18. A radioactive transuranic element.
20. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
23. A graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph.
24. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
26. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
27. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
31. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
33. A resident of Ohio.
34. A room equipped with toilet facilities.
37. A rye bread made with molasses or brown sugar.
38. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
39. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
41. A small cake leavened with yeast.
43. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
46. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
48. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
49. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
50. (Brit) A tough youth of 1950's and 1960's wearing Edwardian style clothes.