1. A state of southwestern India.
4. In bed.
8. Inquire about.
11. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
12. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
13. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
14. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
15. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
16. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
17. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
24. Group of people related by blood or marriage.
26. The capital of Croatia.
27. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
28. Scottish sea captain who was hired to protect British shipping in the Indian Ocean and then was accused of piracy and hanged (1645-1701).
29. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
30. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
33. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
37. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
38. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
43. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
44. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
45. Informal terms for money.
46. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
47. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
48. The universal time coordinated time on board the spacecraft.
1. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
2. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
3. (informal) Of the highest quality.
4. An associate degree in nursing.
5. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
6. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
7. An informal term for a father.
8. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
9. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
10. God of love and erotic desire.
18. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
19. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
20. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
21. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
22. A type of submachine gun that is designed and manufactured in Israel.
23. A group of Plains Indians formerly living in what is now North and South Dakota and Nebraska and Kansas and Arkansas and Louisiana and Oklahoma and Texas.
25. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
31. A telegram sent abroad.
32. At or near or toward the stern of a ship or tail of an airplane.
34. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
35. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
36. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
37. A public promotion of some product or service.
39. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
40. Alternative names for the body of a human being.
41. (computer science) The rate at which data is transferred (as by a modem).
42. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
43. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.