1. A block of solid substance (such as soap or wax).
5. The sign language used in the United States.
8. A rapid bustling commotion.
11. Employed in accomplishing something.
12. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
13. The upper side of the thighs of a seated person.
14. A lymph node that is inflamed and swollen because of plague or gonorrhea or tuberculosis.
15. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
16. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
17. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
20. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
21. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
23. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
25. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
29. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
32. The cry made by sheep.
33. Jordan's port.
34. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
37. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
40. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
44. Vietnamese New Year.
45. A republic consisting of 26 of 32 counties comprising the island of Ireland.
46. A master's degree in business.
47. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
48. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
49. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
1. Spicy fruit of the cubeb vine.
2. Earlier a god.
3. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
4. The capital and largest city of Japan.
5. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
6. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
7. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
8. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
9. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
10. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
18. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
19. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
22. A river of southwestern Africa that rises in central Angola and flows east and then north (forming part of the border between Angola and Congo) and continuing northwest through Congo to empty into the Congo River on the border between Congo and Republic of the Congo.
24. Extremely pleasing.
26. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
27. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
28. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
30. Any of several plants of or developed from the species Dahlia pinnata having tuberous roots and showy rayed variously colored flower heads.
31. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
35. In bed.
36. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
37. An uproarious party.
38. A small cake leavened with yeast.
39. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
41. A city in north central Morocco.
42. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
43. (folklore) Fairies that are somewhat mischievous.
44. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.