1. An associate degree in applied science.
4. A small cake leavened with yeast.
8. Not reflecting light.
11. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
12. A river in northern England that flows southeast through West Yorkshire.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
14. Toward the mouth or oral region.
16. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
17. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
18. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
22. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
25. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
30. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
34. Before noon.
35. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
36. Made of bamboo.
43. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
44. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
47. A police officer who investigates crimes.
48. South African term for `boss'.
49. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
50. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
51. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
52. A flexible container with a single opening.
1. In a murderous frenzy as if possessed by a demon.
2. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
3. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
4. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
5. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
6. (informal) Exceptionally good.
7. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
8. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
9. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
10. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
15. An informal term for a father.
19. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
20. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
21. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
23. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
24. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
26. (informal) Of the highest quality.
27. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
28. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
29. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
31. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
32. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
33. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
37. In bed.
38. (trademark) A liquid that temporarily disables a person.
39. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
40. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
41. Common Indian weaverbird.
42. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
45. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
46. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.
47. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.