1. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
4. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
7. Any competition.
11. Psychoactive substance present in marijuana.
12. An alliance made up of states that had been Soviet Socialist Republics in the Soviet Union prior to its dissolution in Dec 1991.
13. A Scottish word.
14. A broad flat muscle on either side of the back.
15. A tight-fitting headdress.
16. A public promotion of some product or service.
17. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
21. Highly seasoned fatty sausage of pork and beef usually dried.
23. The superior of an abbey of monks.
27. Short and fat.
29. A dissolute man in fashionable society.
30. A state in northwestern North America.
31. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
37. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
38. Type genus of the Majidae.
42. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
43. Beside one another in a row or rank.
44. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
45. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
46. Heal or recover.
47. A light touch or stroke.
1. (Greek mythology) A Titan who was forced by Zeus to bear the sky on his shoulders.
2. God of wealth and love.
3. Of or pertaining to a number system having 8 as its base.
4. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
5. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
6. Of southern Europe.
7. A Hindu prince or king in India.
8. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
9. Group of people related by blood or marriage.
10. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
18. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
19. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
20. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
22. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
24. (informal) Exceptionally good.
25. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
26. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
28. South American shrub having edible greenish plumlike fruit.
32. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
33. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
34. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
35. A small cake leavened with yeast.
36. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
39. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
40. A pointed tool for marking surfaces or for punching small holes.
41. An informal term for a father.
42. An associate degree in nursing.