1. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
4. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
7. Type genus of the Anatidae.
11. God of the earth.
12. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
13. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
14. How long something has existed.
15. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
16. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
17. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
20. A member of the people inhabiting the Aleutian Islands and western Alaska.
24. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
25. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
28. A British doctorate.
30. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
32. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
33. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
34. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
36. An associate degree in nursing.
37. Fleshy spore-bearing inner mass of e.g. a puffball or stinkhorn.
40. A light touch or stroke.
42. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
45. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
46. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
48. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
51. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
52. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
53. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
1. Jordan's port.
2. Established by or founded upon law or official or accepted rules.
3. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
4. Deciduous South African tree having large odd-pinnate leaves and profuse fragrant orange-yellow flowers.
5. (Sumerian) Water god and god of wisdom.
6. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
7. A public promotion of some product or service.
8. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
9. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
10. The scum formed by oxidation at the surface of molten metals.
18. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
19. Being one more than one hundred.
21. The persistence of a sound after its source has stopped.
22. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
23. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
26. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
27. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
29. A Russian river.
31. A bachelor's degree in library science.
35. Denuded of leaves.
36. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
38. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
39. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
41. The cry made by sheep.
43. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
44. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
47. A bachelor's degree in religion.
48. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
49. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
50. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.