1. A person who acts and gets things done.
5. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
8. The United Nations agency concerned with international maritime activities.
11. A small island.
12. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
13. Edible tuber of any of several yams.
14. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
17. A state in northwestern North America.
20. A hidden storage space (for money or provisions or weapons).
22. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
23. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
27. A landlocked republic in eastern Africa.
30. A pale rose-colored variety of the ruby spinel.
32. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
33. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
34. Serving as or forming a base.
36. A Russian river.
38. An important seaport on the Island of Cebu in the Philippines.
41. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
44. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
45. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
46. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
48. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
49. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
50. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
1. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
2. Port city on southern Honshu on Osaka Bay.
3. Late time of life.
4. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
5. By bad luck.
6. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
7. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
8. The eighth month of the civil year.
9. Powerful mackerel shark of the Atlantic and Pacific.
10. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
15. A member of the Iroquoian people formerly living east of Lake Ontario.
16. The 19th letter of the Greek alphabet.
18. Occurring or appearing or singled out by chance.
19. Jordan's port.
21. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
24. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
25. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
26. An honorary degree in science.
28. Attack someone physically or emotionally.
29. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
31. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
35. Advanced in years.
37. Made by polymerizing butadiene.
39. A small cake leavened with yeast.
40. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
42. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
43. A doctor's degree in education.
47. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.